CFO / Finance Manager
EMURGO Africa invests and partners with Africa-focused enterprises, startups, and accelerators to foster the development of socially impactful solutions on Cardano’s third-generation and environmentally-sustainable blockchain.
ESOP and/or up to 2 months bonus
Competitive salary in USD
To undertake the Chief Finance Officer or Finance Manager, managing budgeting and accounting procedures and process for all Emurgo Africa activities, including but not limited to:
- Daily accounting activities.
- Monthly budget management.
- Quarterly and year-end book closing.
- Preparing annual Consolidated Financial Statements.
- Providing necessary support for accounting and audit.
- Overall coordination with EMURGO HQ.
- Supporting setup of new investment vehicles and other Emurgo Africa operational entities from a finance and accounting perspective.
- Conducting risk management.
- Presenting financial results and insights to the Executive Committee/Board of Directors
- Understand and manage digital asset liquidation and monitor relevant OTC liquidation with third party organizations.
- Managing and overseeing tax affairs of Emurgo Africa and its affiliate entities and liaising with external tax specialists for advice.
- Ensuring all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations.
- Overseeing, developing and supervising all finance and accounting staff. Hiring, drafting and implementing new policies and procedures as needed
- Minimum of 10 years of Supervisory/Managerial Level in finance related responsibilities; International exposure would be an advantage.
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Proficiency in Ms Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proficiency in using accounting and bookkeeping software such as Quickbooks.Microsoft.Xero Cloud Accounting.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing finances of a fund.
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Knowledge in Blockchain Technology, Crypto would be an advantage.
- Experience layering sub-companies under a holding company umbrella.
- Experience working in VC and/or other asset class investing; investing banking or private equity.
- CPA is a strong advantage.
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus.
- Experience in Xero Cloud Accounting is advantageous.
- Interest and experience in emerging markets, preferably in Africa.
A Few Words About Us
Emurgo Africa is a very “hands-on” organization with team members throughout Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. The candidate will have flexibility and freedom to share and develop their ideas to complement the vision of Emurgo Africa. A relatively flat organization, prospective candidates will have the chance to grow fast within the ranks of the company and build out a strong business development unit capable of conceiving Cardano’s modus operandi - to be the leading emerging markets chain.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing multiple hats, ultimately ensuring the inflow of development contracting opportunities for Emurgo Labs, leveraging his/her understanding of the merits of blockchain as a technology, and its additional layers of crypto and tokenization and the impact they can both have on access to capital and liquidity in Africa.
If you believe you are the right fit for this role, please apply to email@example.com with "CFO / Finance Manager" in the subject line or fill in the form above.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the ideal candidate is found.