CTO / Tech Bridge
EMURGO Africa invests and partners with Africa-focused enterprises, startups, and accelerators to foster the development of socially impactful solutions on Cardano’s third-generation and environmentally-sustainable blockchain.
ESOP and/or up to 2 months bonus
Competitive salary in USD
- Take lead on technical related matters of EMURGO Africa deals.
- Technical bridge function between the business side and tech team (both internal & external).
- Support on the tech side, during the discussion/negotiations with partner companies, clients, etc.
- Take part in the acceleration program of EMURGO and its subsidiaries.
- To support creating the tech development capability of EMURGO Africa.
Due to the international nature of the business, the candidate will be required to have a good understanding of different cultures, an international outlook, strong communication skills and a high level of English language proficiency. The candidate will require flexibility and the ability to shift between different tasks efficiently, as he/she will be required to carry out additional tasks if/when they arise.
- 2 blockchain projects experienced as a team.
- Lead at least 1 blockchain project as Technical Manager/Lead.
- Experience of functioning as a tech bridge between the business side and the tech side over 5 years.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Blockchains, especially Cardano blockchain.
- Strong knowledge and experience of smartcontract (Haskell and Plutus are the plus)
- Experience of working on external contract development projects (not self owned products).
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Experience of leading the contract development department/company.
- Experience of setting up a contract development department/company
- Experience of working on self owned Plutus product (by sharing demo).
A Few Words About Us
Emurgo Africa is a very “hands-on” organization with team members throughout Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. The candidate will have flexibility and freedom to share and develop their ideas to complement the vision of Emurgo Africa. A relatively flat organization, prospective candidates will have the chance to grow fast within the ranks of the company and build out a strong business development unit capable of conceiving Cardano’s modus operandi - to be the leading emerging markets chain.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing multiple hats, ultimately ensuring the inflow of development contracting opportunities for Emurgo Labs, leveraging his/her understanding of the merits of blockchain as a technology, and its additional layers of crypto and tokenization and the impact they can both have on access to capital and liquidity in Africa.
If you believe you are the right fit for this role, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with "CTO / Tech Bridge" in the subject line or fill in the form above.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the ideal candidate is found.